Classes Based on Stephen Covey's, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Two class series — one for adults and one for teens — based on Stephen Covey and Sean Covey's books
Part I: The Set Up
- Introduction to the 7 Habits and Habits in General ("Instincts" Substitutes)
- Habits joined with goal setting: What is your GPA (Goals Per Action)?
- Get in the Habit
- Paradigms and Principles
PART II: THE PRIVATE VICTORY
- The Personal Bank Account: Starting with the Person in the Mirror
- Question: How can I create?
- Question: How can i become a principle-centered influence i my family?
- Question: What can I do when I've been handed a bad script?
- Adult: Becoming an Agent of Change in Your Family
- Teen: I am the force
HABIT 2: BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND
- Adult: Developing a Family Mission Statement
- Teen: Control Your Own Destiny or Someone Else Will
HABIT 3: PUT FIRST THING FIRST
- Making Family a Priority in a Turbulent World
- Teen: Will and Won't Power
PART III: THE PUBLIC VICTORY
- The Relationship Bank Account; The Stuff That Life is Made Of
- Adult: Moving from "Me" to "We"
- Life in an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet
HABIT 5: SEEK FIRST TO UNDERTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD
- Adult: Solving Family Problems Through Empathic Communication
- Teen: You have two ears and one mouth … Hel-lo!
- Adult: Building Family Unity Through Celebrating Differences
- The "High" Way
PART IV: RENEWAL
- Adult: Renewing the Family Spirit Through Traditions, From Survival…to Stability…to Success…to Significance
- Teen: It's "Me" time; Keep Hope Alive! Kid, You'll Move Mountains