1. List: "write down three things every day that (you) felt proud of" (p. 33, 109).
2. List: daily "record and report ... victories--defined as times (you) handled frustration in a mature way" (p. 157).
3. List: "develop an emergency plan for those times when you're tempted to" hurt yourself, and "pull out a notebook and write [down]... every painful, angry emotion ... to get those emotions out of (your) body and onto a piece of paper" (p. 164).
4. List: "think about what kind of men [women] (you) like. What qualities would they have? What would be their interests? How would they treat (you)? When dating, pull out the list and "check and recheck: 'Is this person meeting my criteria ... ?' "
6. List: "Encourage ... diaries/journals ... places ... can clarify, conceptualize and evaluate ... experiences, ... thoughts and feelings ... where their point of view on the universe matters" (p.255).